Pages

March 28, 2012

I love living in Texas!

Texas is known for many things...football, longhorns (cows that is), oil, big trucks, size, the Alamo...to name a few.  But this time of year, Texas is known for something else.

Bluebonnets!

Highways, fields and pastures are covered in them this time of year.  Aren't they gorgeous.  

We ventured out this weekend in search of a field of our own.  We had never taken pictures in the bluebonnets and thought we would give it a try.  Little did I know how much fun Matthew would have.


 Here he is giddely frolicking through the field.  


Such and handsome boy!

And then there was Samuel.  We tried hard to get him to smile but he was just content to sit in his bumbo and look around.  I guess the fragrance of the bluebonnets must have been really calming.  I actually didn't even know that bluebonnets smelled so good.  I wish we could bottle it.

What a pretty baby!





Uh oh! Don't eat the flowers Samuel!

We even managed to get Matthew to sit still for a pose with me and Patrick.






 Notice his shorts are all wet.  Some of the flowers were waist deep.



It is so much fun enjoying God's creation!


1 comment:

  1. We have the best state flower. Every year I can't believe they just pop up everywhere. What a great romp in the bluebonnets. Can't wait for next year.

    ReplyDelete