Pages

April 19, 2012

We're going on an egg hunt!

This year we died Easter eggs for the first time.  Matthew was very excited even though I don't think he knew what we were doing.  We only managed to break one egg.  Amazing!

It had gotten dark outside so we decided to go ahead and dye them inside.  Patrick thought I was very brave to attempt this project in the dining room.  


 Look at my blue hands!



The eggs turned out so colorful.  We used the vinegar method.

 It was not easy getting Matthew to smile in these pictures.  He does not pose for the camera. I can't remember what we were talking about to make him smile so big.



This year we weren't sneaky enough and Matthew saw me hiding the eggs outside.  So he already knew where some of them were.  When he finally got to go outside he was so excited.




 He knew there was candy in them so it was hard to keep him on task.  I don't think he ended up finding all of the eggs.  Maybe we hid too many?!



This year I am so thankful that our family has grown.  Now we have two sweet boys to teach about Jesus. How awesome that we have a Savior that died and now lives for us and in us.  He is the glue that hold us together.

Are you wondering where Samuel is?

Well...he was sleeping while we colored eggs and during the hunt.  It made dying the eggs much easier.  But we took plenty of pictures of him too.  I will post those soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment