Pages

June 21, 2012

They never get too big...

Those of you who have children know that they grow up so quickly.  But I have often heard the saying that, "he will always be my baby".  Now that I have two of my own, I completely understand the meaning of this statement.  

This week my oldest baby, Matthew, has been waking up with what seems to be leg pains.  He is also eating like a grown man so I can only assume that he is having a growth spurt.  

Tuesday night at around 10:45, just as Patrick and I were about to turn into bed, here comes Matthew running down the hall crying.  We had a hard time getting him to calm down.  After a trip to the potty he settled into my lap on the couch and fell right to sleep.  I could have held him for eternity, but knowing that our littlest one (who is still not sleeping through the night) would be waking up soon, I had to let go and put him to bed.  

I love when this child lets me hold him.  They never get too big...

No comments:

Post a Comment