Pages

August 29, 2012

Got Worms?!

Today when I told Matthew that we were going to the YMCA so that I could work out he started crying and said, "I want to go dig up worms".

"What"?!, I said.

"I want to go dig up worms" he replied again.

He was very persistent and had really big fat tears.  It was pitiful!

So we got dressed and went outside before going to the Y and dug in the dirt for worms.


Happy to have his rake and shovel.

A big one!


And some more...


 "I got one, Mom."


"It's wiggling in my hand."

What can I say.  Being a girl and with Matthew being my first son, I can say that I was not prepared for this. I have seen commercials with dirty boys playing in the mud and with frogs in their pockets but I was taken off guard when Matthew wanted to dig for worms today.  

He is all boy!  And we had so much fun!

2 comments:

  1. This is the second time that I have seen the "Big Bro" shirt that I got him. I am going to assume that he likes it! Obviously, because it is blue!

    ReplyDelete