Pages

August 10, 2012

I MADE A MESS!

Last Tuesday while I was making dinner Matthew ran into the kitchen with something very exciting to tell me.  

He said "Come show me mommy".

Translation:  I have something to show you mommy.

He was so excited for me to see what he had done that I just had to turn the stove off and let my culinary masterpiece (ha ha ha!) wait.

So I went with him to his room and this is what I saw...


"I made a mess!"

He kept saying this over and over and over.  And he was so excited about it.  So proud of himself.  He did it all by himself.  What an accomplishment!

 I asked him where the mess was and he replied, in a very excited high pitched voice, "It's right here!" and pointed to it to make sure I could see it.  

You can see the delight on his face.  It was hard work making all of that mess.

You might be thinking, what's the big deal...his room is not all that bad.

Well just wait.  It got much worse before the night was over...before the hour was over...before 10 minutes was over.

The finished product.  His masterpiece.  

I think almost every toy in his room is out.  It didn't really take long to clean up though and the artist himself was actually very helpful.  

Ahhhhhh the joys of parenthood!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment