Pages

April 4, 2013

pizza! pizza!

So lately we have been on a pizza kick.  The boys and I enjoy making pizza at lunch. It is so fast and easy and Matthew enjoys it so much. I buy individual size pizza crusts from H-E-B.  They are thin and get crispy in the oven.  Matthew spreads on the sauce and then loads it with pepperonis and lots of cheese.  We have so much fun!

The other night as I was starting to think about dinner, I thought pizza sounded good. However, we were unfortunately out of pizza crust.  In an attempt to be creative and resourceful, and mainly to avoid another trip to H-E-B that week, I pulled out a sheet of puff pastry from the freezer.

 I mean how could butter holding hands with a little bit of flour be a bad idea.

I pre-baked the crust then spread on lots of sauce and layered on cheese, pepperoni and hamburger meat. Which is by the way my favorite pizza. Then I popped it back in the oven to cook the rest of the way through.

Well my friends, let me just tell you what a horrible, no good idea this was.  I am ruined for life! I will never be able to eat pizza any other way.  Ever!!!

This is what came out of the over...


Here's another view...


Move over Mr. Gattis. (Some of you may be thinking...Mr. Gattis?  This girl has no tastes! But I just happen to love a good cheap pizza from Mr. Gattis. Don't judge me.)

This is definitely one of the best pizzas I have ever had. And to think, I made it!

The puff pastry was a brilliant idea! It was crunchy and soft at the same time...flaky and buttery and perfect and wonderful and delightful!!!  My taste buds danced for joy!

If you have never made pizza with puff pastry, TRY IT!  Then you can be ruined like me.

1 comment:

  1. You got us started on making pizzas too ever since we came over a month ago and had them with y'all. I've had to stick to whole grain crusts though to keep it somewhat healthy because we go overboard! Definitely have to try puff pastries!

    ReplyDelete