Pages

April 9, 2013

pot of gold

When you have a husband whose name is Patrick, you have to do something for St. Patrick's Day..well at least a fun craft with your three year old.

I hope you are all on Pinterest. I am hopelessly addicted to it.  I highly recommend figuring out this new way of organizing your life if you have not done so already!

So anyway, I found this really fun St. Patrick's Day craft on Pinterest and decided that Matthew and I would have to do it. 

Here goes...

Some things you will need.

 a rainbow

 some bags

some gold

Start by having your little helper wash their hands.  


There...nice and clean!

Next, let your little helper sort out all of the Skittles by color.  In my case, a second helper came to the table when he heard the bag of candy opening. This will fascinate your helpers and they will be very happy.  They might even sneak a Skittle or two.  But all in good fun.

 "Can I have one, mom?"

"I'll just help myself."

See...very sneaky.

"Mom look. A green one."

Here are the sorted Skittles.  Aren't they pretty.  I am not a Skittles lover but they look much tastier sorted like this.



Once your Skittles are sorted you can start filling up your bags.  Put 4 rolos in first.  

Make sure they are all facing the same direction. 
This is your pot of gold.

Then add about one tablespoon of each color of the Skittles. Don't forget to check the order of the rainbow.

 purple





TIME OUT...





HOLD THE PHONE...




when  you see this happen...

 Ahhhhh!!!!!

and this happen....
What can I say, he's a three year old.

you gotta do this again...

 You can tell he is really scrubbing this time.

 scrub, scrub, scrub

rinse, rinse, rinse

Ok, now that we are all clean again...where were we...

Ah yes, green.
 green

 yellow

 orange

red

To finish them off, find a cute cloud clip art, or draw one yourself and print out Happy St. Patrick's Day.


Super cute.  Super easy.  Super fun.  Super impressive.

And last but not least....

...put them in a cute basket and send them to school with your little helper. All of his classmates will be so happy and all of the moms and teachers will be so impressed...which is why you did this after all, right.?.  Just kidding.  

Hope you all found your own pot of gold!


2 comments:

  1. I love your "how to" posts! So fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome and I loved helping with this. Such a fun project to do with the boys.

    ReplyDelete