Pages

February 12, 2012

For Samuel

RSV has struck again.  The first was when your brother was 5 months old. The second was when you were 2 months old.  We spent your first New Year's Eve and New Year's Day in Hillcrest hospital together.  Just you and me.  I wrote this letter to you while we were there and thought it fitting to blog it.  A great memory though the circumstances were not that good.
Samuel,
It's New Year's Eve and you are sound asleep. We are at Hillcrest hospital.  You are sick with a UTI and RSV.  So I am here ringing in the new year with you.  Just you and me.  We don't get moments like this very often and I am enjoying you so much.  We are trusting the Lord to heal your little body, and are praying for good health in 2012. You have brought such joy to our lives and we adore you.  Happy New Year my sweet Samuel.  
                                                                                                           Love Mommy


It was late and I was really exhausted but I just could not put you down.  We watched the ball drop together.  This was the first New Year's Eve that I spent without your dad in about 15 years. 
 

 

1 comment:

  1. I missed being with ya'll, but I am comforted knowing that our little guy had his Mommy all to himself.

    ReplyDelete