Pages

February 6, 2013

graham crackers and sour cream

Over the past few months we have been getting together with the our friends the Maddoxes on a fairly frequent basis. It has been really nice to get to know another couple on a more intimate basis. I have already seen changes in our friendship and I know that the Lord has us getting together for a reason. But recently many things have gotten in the way of us hanging out...holidays, work, schedules and unfortunately sickness. Last Friday all of the stars seem to align and they were able to come over.

I spent my afternoon getting the house ready and dinner as well. On the menu was crunch top ham and potato casserole, green beans, and s'more brownies.   This casserole has become one of my favorites and we have eaten it a lot since Christmas.  Patrick was given a ham that was big enough to feed most of the army and navy combined.  After baking it, and then eating on it for several days, I packed the rest of it up and put it in the freezer. I have brought it out a little at a time to make this yummy dish.  

So I got all of the ingredients out for dinner...ham, potatoes, sour cream, cheese, butter...and started to assemble the casserole.  Two little boys were on their step stool eager to help.  

And on this particular day, Samuel was most helpful!?
Can you guess what is on his face?

I gave the boys some graham crackers to munch on as a means of keeping busy...and happy of course...and I got to work.  As I bounced around the kitchen grabbing this and that, I noticed that the boys were very quiet.  I turned around only to find a very sneaky baby.  I am actually not sure what to call him...sneaky, mischievous, courageous, adventurous???

This is what I saw.  You can decide.



cinnamon graham crackers and sour cream

Yum?
Yikes!
Yuck?!

I guess he is going to have a diversified palette.  



"I know I am cute, mommy!"

To the Maddoxes:

I am sorry I did not tell you and you are reading about this now on my blog.  If the casserole had a hint of sweetness, it is from the graham cracker crumbs.  Also I am sure a little bit of slobber made it in there too.  

I will choose to believe that these two elements enhanced the flavor and I will probably be missing them the next time I make this dish.  It will never be the same.

Come again!
Love Brandy



No comments:

Post a Comment