Pages

October 3, 2012

a new trick

It is always a joy to watch your little ones discover new things.  The delight on their faces.  The squeals they let out.

Here is one discovery that I was not so excited about.

the potty

I know your probably thinking...what's the big deal.  

Well I'll tell ya.  

Our Samuel can figure out how to operate just about anything.  He picks and pokes and plays until he knows how each button works.  This works on toys, cell phones, remotes...and the toilet.



Once again, one might ask, "what is the big deal?"  

Well, Samuel decided to figure out how to flush the toilet.  

Still...not that big of a deal right? 


This discovery was made while I was taking a shower.

up...down...up...down...

You can see he is lifting the handle up and down as fast as he can...almost like he was pumping it.  The toilet could not catch up.

Now back to the point that I was showering.  My nice hot shower turned into a cold trickle.

I am all for discovery but the timeliness of this one was not great.  He has also taken to turning on the bathtub  now.  This too has happened while I was in the shower.  We have to check the bathroom all the time to make sure the water is not on.

And we thought it was the sprinkler system that caused our water bill to be so high.  

Ahhhh the joys of parenthood!

2 comments: