Pages

October 8, 2012

pumpkin bread

Well it is officially fall.  The air has gotten cooler, some leaves have started to turn, (well maybe not here but definitely in some part of the world), and I made pumpkin bread.


Pumpkin bread is a staple around here this time of year.  I am not sure if I like anything about fall more than getting to bake and smell pumpkin bread...and eat of course. The delicious smell lingers in the house all day long. I think it is one of my favorite foods.  In fact I think I ate my weight in pumpkin bread while I was pregnant with Matthew.

After baking some on Sunday, we decided it would be fun to let Samuel try it for the first time.

 "I'm waiting!"


Movie anyone?


 You might be thinking I can't believe they gave him that without cutting it up.

It did not take long for him to figure out what to do.

"Manna from heaven."

 I think he likes it.  
This looks just like one of Patrick's baby pictures.



"Just a little wider and then I can fit it all in."

He even tried to share some with me.  A boy after my own heart!

So sweet!

I have since made pumpkin pancakes and they were a HUGE hit too.  I love to cook...especially for my boys!  I will have to see what else I can add pumpkin to.  

1 comment:

  1. The picture of Samuel double fisting the pumpkin bread in to his mouth is how I feel about your pumpkin bread. Great post.

    ReplyDelete